Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Response # 5: Free Write, How are you doing?

Please let me know how you feel you are doing in the class so far. Is there anything that you are struggling with? Is there anything you would like to learn about that we haven't learned yet? What are some things that you have learned from this class? How are you planning to put these things to use in your teaching? Is there anything I can do as a teacher to better support your learning?

I feel that I am doing great in ED 210 because I'm being an engaged learner. I love working consistently with a new operating system and learning things I didn't know before, like specific programs, IMovie or Garage band. I've know a lot that we've covered and been comfortable completing various tasks, but what I am really taking from this class is how to appropriately integrate technology across all content areas. I feel that I'm successfully learning this knowledge through class and homework assignments.
I'm currently not struggling with anything, I did however struggle with the Garage Band project. Not because I was uncomfortable or wasn't understanding the program or assignment it was that I don't have a musical ear. I can't hear the difference in notes or keys, but I thought this program was neat because it told you what note the loop was in. (very helpful for me as an individual) Overall I tried my best with the project and learned tons about how to musically depict words.
I've enjoyed learning all the programs, and I can't think of anything specifically I want to learn in addition. With learning each program we've discussed how we could use it in the classroom, which has been helpful in taking what I want from the class. In this class I have learned so much, not only how to use most of the programs (pages, keynote, garage band, imovie, etc.) that come standard on a MAC, but I've also learned how to effectively use them in a classroom.
Now that I've learned what these programs do and how to use them, I will continually keep them in mind when doing various lessons in my classroom. I now know how to appropriately integrate these programs into the classroom so student's creativity can flourish and their learning style can be authentic.
I look forward to completing this course, and to start applying EVERYTHING I've learned to my very own classroom.
Thank you.
T.L.G

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tonya,

    I'm glad you're enjoying this course and you feel you will be able to apply this knowledge to your future classroom.

    As far as the garageband assignment goes, don't worry, I'm not grading on musicality! Simply if you could use all aspects of the program appropriately.

    Please let me know if you have any questions in the future.

    ~Judi

    ReplyDelete